Friday, June 12, 2015

Freshly Baked Friday 6/12/15





This Freshly Baked Friday is hotter than June in Oklahoma!!


So after I was told that I was going back to 5th grade from a year teaching 6th grade Science I was thrilled and it got me started thinking about what holes were in my 5th grade Social Studies lesson plans. 

I really loved teaching the unit on Roanoke and knew that would be a great place to start re-vamping my lesson plans.  Which leads me to this weeks Freshly Baked Friday! 

Roanoke is such a mystery and that makes it such an engaging lesson on its own, I love to do Social Studies Centers with each of my units and soooooo I made a fresh new one just for teaching about Roanoke. 






I also like to begin the Roanoke unit by reading this wonderful book.  


Roanoke: The Lost Colony--An Unsolved Mystery from History

written by Heidi E. Y. Stemple & Jane Yolen

illustrated by Roger Roth







I also always love to incorporate some sort of technology into each of my units. Here is an online quiz that I created!  Students can use the classroom computers or iPads to test their knowledge of Roanoke. It is FREE so try your luck at it! 










No comments:

Post a Comment