Saturday, June 27, 2015

Classy Classrooms!

I am thrilled to be linking up with Delightfully Dedicated for her summer blog hop series! Today's item up for discussion is the classroom! Every classroom is wonderfully different and I LOVE looking at pictures of other teachers classrooms to see how they organize things, decorate and any and every idea that I can steal borrow!


In my own classroom I love to use bins for EVERYTHING, but that is another blog post entirely! I also love to use polka dots and chevrons a lot but it works against the clean gray walls in my classroom. I am in love with the red, black and white theme of the past two years. But I am thinking of adding more of the multi-colored and chalkboard theme also. 



I divided my desks into groups and put a simple black bookcase in front of the group. There students can store their books, there is a small trashcan, pencil cup and tissue box to keep students from "wandering." I love my hanging folder holders (thats what I call them) I put absent work, extra printouts and morning work in them, great to have them off my desk!





Also at the back of the room you can see my black and white paper display areas. I bought a pad of scrapbook paper and then put each up with little bits of velcro, that way if I need to take them down for summer cleaning it won't be so difficult. I also put a clothespin at the top of each paper to display each students great paper grades or art projects. They also break up the grey!







Hope you enjoyed my little classroom tour. Come back next week when we are blogging about beautiful behavior! 


5 comments:

  1. Polka dots and chevron are favorites of ours too!! Your room is adorable! I especially love those little grey chevron cubes! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the book shelves in front of each group! I wish I had done that last year! I had tables (which I loved) but I had to get VERY creative when storing the students' supplies! Ha! I'll have to remember this!

    Stephanie
    Mrs. Cain's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black and white theme! I might have to use the scrapbook paper on my bulletin boards next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up! I love how classy your room is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the look of your classroom! So neat and clean and bright!

    ReplyDelete